I blogged recently about downloading Ventura System's Coordinate Geometry app. Since we have two copies, we decided to play a cooperative game suggested by the developer...
- Two players sit facing each other but can see the other player's iPad.
- Player 1 draws a figure on his/her iPad. For example a right triangle at (5,5), (0,0), and (5,0) using black.
- Player 1 draws the reflection of the figure across the y-axis using red.
- Player 1 gives verbal directions to player 2 to try to copy the figure and reflection onto his/her iPad.
- Using math vocabulary, P1 describes the figure and transformation for P2.
- When finished, the players compare drawings on each iPad.